CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, March 2, 2009

2nd. of Marzo... Mendoza wine tasting tour...




Wow! Bordeaux, Napa Valley, and Tuscany, make way for Mendoza! (I admit, I copied that line from the Feb. 2009 Budget Travel mag. that I bought at LAX.). But, the wine is amazing and the best part for me (a mainly vino blanco drinker) is that I do not get ANY headaches or hot flashes from the malbecs. Yippie!

Today was our visit to the Lujan De Cuyo region for wine tasting and a tour of 4 wineries. This area is not far from Mendoza and is known for its intense reds. An interesting mix of old and new wineries were visited. We learned about the complex making of wine... a science indeed.

When we lift that glass of wine, do we ever really think about how it is made? No, but it is a fascinatingly difficult process. From the shiny bright vats to the dark coolness of the cave-like- jail-looking vaults where the wine is resting (and working), we were thrilled to learn all about it.
We spent all day learning and tasting with English speaking guides. A delicious lunch was presented at one of the wineries along with 4 different kind of wines. Enjoy a few pics.
Adios,
Mary

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm - "intense reds" - I feel a hot flash coming on but it would be worth it! Love your pictures, especially the wine glass as prelude to the beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wine glass/Andes pic as well - maybe next year's Christmas card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I caught up with your adventures to date this evening. I can hear the happiness and contentment in your writing! Continue this lovely adventure and be happy and safe! Bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete