CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 1, 2010

Kia Ora... Auckland & Rotorua, New Zealand, North Is.



Kia Ora is Maori (native New Zealanders) for Welcome!

(Sorry, I've not been able to upload any pictures. I'll try again after posting.)

Auckland, City of Sails
Rotorua, City of Geothermals

With only one day in Auckland, we decided to spend the day walking the city. Auckland is situated on a beautiful harbor. After walking up and down the hills of Auckland and around the harbor area, we ended the day at a cafe that Bob and I visited on our last trip here in 1999. We feasted on pots of delicious green-lipped mussels marinated with garlic and onions. Yum!

The next day, we took a bus to Rotorua, to stay with Art, a long-time friend of Julie's family. He lives in Rotorua for half of the year and the other half at his cottage in the UP. So, here we are, the four Yoopers together in Rotorua, New Zealand!

1 comment:

  1. I might have known you'd find Yoopers down there! Liked seeing Auckland Harbor - Bob liked the idea of mussels.

    ReplyDelete