CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Golfing in New Zealand

The Lake Hawea 9 hole course needs some water. No irrigation.  I walked with Bob and kept the score card.  After 9 holes, we left and drove back to Wanaka.

The views and greens on the Wanaka course were much nicer.  Plus there are hills.
Bob is one happy golfer in New Zealand. Golfing is relatively inexpensive here, so Bob joined the Wanaka golf course and that membership gives him discounts at the other golf courses nearby. He golfs every Wed. and Sat. in Wanaka at Men's Day and then throughout the week he'll go out for another round. He's also played at Arrowtown and Lake Hawea courses. Yesterday, he and another fellow from the Wanaka Club played at Jack's Point near Queenstown. I went along with Bob to Lake Hawea and one day in Wanaka when he played 9 holes. We filled divots for an up-and-coming Women's Tournament at the club. I was happy to help out while taking photos and enjoying the beauty of the surroundings and enjoying the gorgeous weather that day.

 ...a few snapshots of some of the beautiful views you see while golfing in New Zealand and some of the courses.

Lake Hawea is a 9 hole course. You pay "on the honor" system.

Fill out the card and put your twenty bucks in the slot and you're good-to-go!

Jack's Pt. near Queenstown has the Remarkable Mts. for views.

What looked like a rainy day turned out to be a lovely day.

A snapshot from near the Club House at Jack's Pt.
Gorgeous day to be out golfing on the Wanaka Golf Course.  

The Wanaka pro gave us a cart for free since we were filling divots. 

Taking a rest from filling divots and enjoying the surroundings.

2 comments:

  1. A new job: divot filler! Glad the gals & I got to talk with you. I'm in Denver - it snowed overnight (wet, wet). I hoped to run but will be walking carefully instead. PS Change word verification to moderate comments before publishing - the new word ID is giving me fits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger is a very jealous guy looking at these photos! New Zealand...here we come soon!

    ReplyDelete