CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our condo... Cerro San Antonia, Piriapolis, Uruguay



Hola!
We are renting a condo halfway up Cerro San Antonia (at the very top of the hill there's a small chapel with San Antonia, the saint for couples. The explanation I got in Spanish, is that he's the saint for couples wanting children... might be wrong on that one, but since he's holding a child and all the little metal plaques in the building are saying gracias for a child, it's probably right.). Also, we see lots of couples riding motorscooters heading up there, so I'm guessing that's the deal. One day, after a hike up there, I waited outside the chapel for awhile because a couple were in it praying. I wanted to take some pictures, but I did not want to disturb them. After some time, I gave up and started my walk back home.

Anyway, that's our condo... the middle one. The second picture shows the new condos below and our place above it; right behind it. We're the middle condo of the three. We have quite a hike up there, but it's great exercise. We huff and puff when we are carrying our groceries. For the past week, we've had the motorscooter and it was easy to get our giant water bottles and HUGE vino bottle up to our place.

We're in Punta Del Estes right now. We returned the motorscooter and will take the bus back. Next week, when our friend from Paris arrives, we'll rent a car. Our plans are to go north of here and see what there is to see along the coast. Also, we're hoping to visit a winery near Montevideo one day. We love the Uruguayan wines!

Adios,
Mary and Bob

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mary @ Bob'
    We are back from our trip & trying to get over the jet lag. We enjoyed ourselves greatly. I have to say we are happy to be home safe & sound. Look forward to seeing you'all.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - I see what you mean...that is some hill! Be careful that you & Bob don't go into the chapel at the same time - I don't know about a 61 year old Mama!

    ReplyDelete