CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Litchfield National Park, Outside of Darwin, NT







Dear Blog Readers,
During our day tour to Litchfield, we visited many spiritual places. All of these places are sacred to the Aborigines today. Because it's the wet season in the NT, the falls were roaring! We visited several falls throughout the day and marveled at the beauty each time. It's easy to understand why the indigenous people consider them sacred. I believe that nature is spiritual and therefore sacred. Whenever I visit any place of natural beauty that is unspoiled, my heart has a flutter and a feeling that only happens in nature. We were lucky enough to spend an entire day in such a place. Although it's hard to capture that feeling in a picture, I think that you'll understand what I mean.
Cheers,
Mary

1 comment: