Known as the Garden City, Christchurch is a fun city to visit. While Bob and Julie went off to golf, I spent the day in Christchurch.Here are some "fun" activities to do in the city...
view the giant art sculptures like the Flour and the Chalice
visit the Canterbury Museum and learn about kiwis, Maoris,
Antarctic Expeditions, etc, etc
walk around the Botanical Gardens
enjoy the beautiful area around the Avon River
listen to young musicians "busking" on Cathedral Square or watch adults play chess with really big chess pieces!
walk around the streets and see some of the beauty of the homes and buildings
take a tram ride around the city; but if you're on bike beware of the tram tracks!
Our plans to rent a car and drive the West Coast went south! There were zero cars to be rented in Ch. so, we made new plans. I'm writing this blog from Lake Tekapo, but I'm about to run out of min., so more about this gorgeous place later. We leave tomorrow by bus for Queenstown.
No comments:
Post a Comment