CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, February 27, 2010

More Fiordland... Routeburn Track, New Zealand






Yesterday we also walked for about 2 hrs. on the Routeburn Track. When we got up out of the trees we were once again in a place of utterly sensational beautiful.

Speaking of the Routeburn Track (and the Milford Track, Hollyford Track, Heapy Track, Able Tasmin Track, etc, etc, )...
Who would like to join me in New Zealand for a 2 month stay of JUST trekking on ALL of the tracks? Each one is a 2-3-4 day trek with huts and lodges available for nightly sleeps. No heavy packs are necessary as you can have them taken by sag wagon. No need to haul heaps of food, sleeping bags, etc. The only thing necessary in the day pack would be rain gear and snacks------ my idea of fun hiking! (My spine no longer tolerates a heavy pack.)

Climbing Kili is still on for 2011, so I'm thinking that 2012 or 2013 would be a good time to hike tracks in NZ. I want to hear from all the hikers out there------What say you???? I'll plan it, organize it and also be the official tour director/ hiking guide! Late February or early March would be the best time of the year to do it. Let the emails roll into my inbox!

2 comments:

  1. Good girl !!!!!
    Way up there in favorite pics of you is the last one up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in!!
    Trip to Cambodia/Vietnam was the BEST!! I'll email you...just got home today.

    ReplyDelete