Antarctica
The driest
The highest
The iciest
The windiest
The coldest
The emptiest
The harshest
The most frozen
The most peaceful
The most time zones
Surrounded by three oceans
Volcanoes erupting
Least populated place on earth
One of the most beautiful places on earth
Antarctica
We were privileged to visit and witness only a small portion of this vast frozen land, spending hours cruising Paradise Bay after four days of sailing south of Cape Horn and across the Drake Passage to get to it. No country has the right to own Antarctica. It’s a free, un-militarized land of international cooperation, scientific research and unspoiled natural beauty. There are no indigenous people living on Antarctica.
Cruising very slowly, almost drifting, with 360 degrees of gorgeous vistas in Paradise Bay, we encountered majestic icebergs and the breathtaking beauty of a little slice of Antarctica. We were also privileged to have a partly cloudy day in a land that experiences some of the worst weather on earth. We watched for hours! When our fingers were frozen, we went inside for hot cocoa or tea and then headed right back out on the deck.
We have had sporadic internet reception for days. We are now on day 18 of the cruise.
Oh my goodness - you added another layer !
ReplyDeleteSeriously it looks as though you are having an amazing voyage!!!
Hi Mar, We're grieving here over the death of our neighbor's 5 year old - I blogged about it. I'll take a break from blogging as I have so much sadness in my heart. Of course, I still cherish your updates. You look cold but sea worthy! Lovely pics.
ReplyDeleteAll of your photos are spectacular, as well as your commentary. I love the stark beauty of Antarctica. You may have to buy Bob a horse when you get back to AZ! He looks so comfortable on top of his trusty steeds.
ReplyDeleteWe have had a cold snap in AZ. Many people have been without power and water -- due to frozen pipes. It is supposed to be 65 today, so we are moving in the right direction. I have been enjoying lunching and shopping with my sister from Fargo. She is here (in Tucson) for three months. My niece arrives today and I will see her tomorrow for dinner.
Enjoy each new adventure! I know that you will!
Love, Willy K and Marcia K