CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back in Salta, Argentina

Quick "hi" to all blog followers. Wanted to give you an update since I haven't blogged for a few days.
We rented a car 2 days ago and have been south of Salta, in gorgeous Cafayate, Argentina. We experienced beautiful vistas and rock formations on our way there and back. It rained hard both nights we were there and previous to that too, so our plans to drive up to other areas got canceled due to roads flooding. The road we took back was temporarily closed during the night, but we made it out later in the morning. We had to cross a river of muddy water with our little Chevy, but made it safely through. We worried about all the motorcycles we saw however.

One damper to blogging right now is that I have no way of putting pictures on the computer. We left a small backpack at our hotel in Cafayate that had the camera bag in it with the cord and the battery charger. Bummer! However, we met some Americans living in Cafayate and right now they are trying to get it delivered to us at our hotel in Salta before we leave by afternoon bus to Tucuman tomorrow. The next day we depart by bus again for a 21 hour journey to Iguazu Falls. We are in Iguazu, Argentina for 3 days.
So, the news is that I can't upload any pictures to the blog, but we are perfectly fine.
Cheers,
Mary and Bob

1 comment:

  1. I can visualize the two of you in your little Chevy. I bet the camera bag catches up to you! Happy journey...I so enjoy following your path.

    ReplyDelete