CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Daily Mail: Wanaka, New Zealand


As I bike, walk or ride in the car around the Wanaka area, I notice things like mailboxes and how they are different from where I live in the states. I’m always pulling over to take a picture of this or that. It's fun to notice things that are quirky and different. 
This is the Mailbox Blog... 
The mail carrier is taking a lunch break in Arrowtown. 


This one is one of my favorites. Looks so inviting surrounded by all the flowers.

Enlarge to see the neat artwork.

This is our mail carrier.

We spied this one on our way to a hike. Rural people are so clever.

Artsy-fartsy. Cute.

Just delivered.

ooh, la, la!

2 comments:

  1. Some creative mail boxes! I'm wondering what the carrier does in pouring rain? Have fun trekking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one too... Hurry home, the orange blossoms smell heavenly and we are hungry for La Encantada with you!!
    Becky and Kirk

    ReplyDelete