CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lo siento... Piriapolis, Uruguay




Sorry that I haven't blogged for awhile. My childhood friend Beth, who grew up next door to me in the UP (Upper Peninsula) of Michigan is here from France and we've been busy seeing the sights (One of the highlights is the wine shop!) with her in our rental car. We just have the week with her and then all 3 of us head back to Buenos Aires for 2 nights before our flights back home. We are thrilled that the weather has been perfect since she got here. Today's temperature is in the low 70s. Bob and I did our 2 hour beach walk this morning in shorts and short-sleeved shirts. For the first hour we counted 5 people on the beach! On the way back, a few more were out, but it's definitely not a busy time of the year here. Once Easter week ended, the whole town slowed down to a snail's pace. We love it! We also saw 3 dogs on the beach and numerous birds. That was it. Nothing like having a 2 hour beach walk mostly to yourself.Incredible!
Adios,
Mary and Bob

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that Beth has gone out to visit you. Your walk on the beach sounds wonderful! I think I would be cold at those temperatures.
    Keep putting up those pictures!

    ReplyDelete