CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, December 17, 2010

Hola Panama!

Radisson Summit Golf Resort, 30 min. from Panama City. 
3 days here before our next vrbo.

You can build a golf course in a jungle, but you can't take all of the jungle out of the golf course! It has been a rainy Dec. in Panama. The course was soggy. We had a nice day of sunshine turning to afternoon clouds. Maybe the dry season has begun.

After a day of travel (car, bus, plane, taxi) to get to Panama, 
it was nice to be outside for several hours.  
The temp was about 80º.

I was the official golfing photographer. 
Oops, I took my eye off the ball!

Very tropical here. 
We're not too far from the Panama Canal. 
We'll see it tomorrow. A new canal is being built so that the bigger ships that are being built today will be able to go across the Isthmus of Panama.

Keep your head down and your eye on the ball. 
I kept a lookout for snakes (zero), 
birds (1 Toucan, many vultures 
and lots of other birds that  I didn't know).

Saw several of these guys. 
They were happy watching the golfers tee off.

Besides being the official photographer, 
I was the official cart driver. 
At first, I tried to help Bob find "lost" balls in the deep grass.
However, a few times in the wet grass with no socks and croc shoes, I realized that ankle-biters were attacking my ankles. OUch...! After that, I drove the cart and took pictures.

Some goods are taken off ships and travel on a train--- 
right by the golf course!

Choo, choo.

1 comment:

  1. Roger wants to hire you as his golf caddie! I would take my eye off the ball and check out the action all around. Perfect caddie for me!!

    ReplyDelete