I have no idea what day it is!
At Sea...
We are on our way to Antarctica. We left Punta Del Este, Uruguay two days ago headed for the Falkland Islands. We arrived at Port Stanley yesterday morning with most of the overnight sailing in heavy seas.
We anchored in the waters just outside of the town of Port Stanley, but the wind was fierce and that made the waves roll and compromise our safety for tendering off of the ship. The Captain made the decision that we could not tender. It was sad for everyone as this is one place in the world where you can see 3 different kinds of penguins. Everyone was sad. But, they decided to throw an NFL football playoff party in one of the lounges. They served hot dogs, popcorn and hamburgers. The Packers won and Bob was happy.
We are at sea for 5 days as we work our way into the East Antarctica islands. We will be visiting 3 of them if the weather cooperates. After that, we sail straight up to Argentina and the End of the World!
No pictures today, but I promise to put some on after we get to Antarctica.
Sorry you didn't get to see the penguins. Hope the weather is kinder to you for the next lap !
ReplyDeleteLoveyaboth,
The French One
I'm already wondering how I would have done in those rolling seas! I've been thinking of you - glad you posted an update. Frigid here - I got frostbite on face last week.
ReplyDelete