Hola from Piriapolis, Uruguay!
We arrived via Buquebus (boat/bus) 2 1/2 days ago from Buenos Aires. We've castaway to a beautiful, quaint coastal town of about 8,000 (swells to over 100,000 during the summer. The summer is winding down, but because it's the weekend, lots of folks have come over from Argentina. Still, it's not packed. By the end of our stay, the population will be diminshed. It's hardly crowded now. Many houses are already boarded up for the winter. We're 30 min. from Punta Del Estes, the "hot spot" of Uruguay. We chose this place because it's small, not "in"----- our kind of place. Piriapolis is probably similar to what California was like back in the 1940s-50s; little beach houses, bicyclists, walkers, beach bums like us... a relaxed mellow way of life. The ocean setting, the hillsides, the gorgeous long beach and the air are marvelous. We walked the beach for 2 hours this morning. It's clean and the Atlantic water is warm. Yesterday afternoon we spent about an hour at the beach enjoying people watching, the views, the sun set and the general atmosphere.
Our vrbo rental condo is way up on a hillside overlooking the marina and ocean. We eat breakfast on our patio. The ocean breeze feels good. At night we have our vino tinto out there soaking up the sunset. It's wonderful to be here.
We spent 1 1/2 days in Buenos Aires. We're not city people and after about 10 miles of walking and walking that gorgeous city of 12 million, we decided we were ready (and anxious) to get to our condo in Uruguay.
Since we don't have Wifi at the condo, I have to haul the computer downhill to a local park/bus terminal area which is far from us. So, I found this little ice cream shop overlooking the ocean that has WiFi. I must say... the ice cream in Uruguay is creamy and delicious--- muy rico!
Adios,
Mary
I just had a meltdown on uploading photos so I'm going to post this so everyone knows that we are esta bien (okay) and try the photos later.
Your lifestyle sounds like a dream that I can't wait to share !
ReplyDeleteLeave it to you to find computer connection in an icecream shop - way to go, Mar! I'm glad you're safely in Uruguay and already enjoying the beach and the sights. Take Care - Hi to Bob.
ReplyDelete