Small town Australia...
37 years ago we came to this pub with friends. Not much has changed... still very quaint, good cold beer, lovely food and lots of locals bellying up to the bar. The five us of enjoyed a nice dinner here one night last week. Then, on New Year's Day, Kendra and I walked into town to the bookstore to blog/check email and the pub was the only thing open. So instead of sitting on the front stoop of the bookstore, we decided to go across the street to the pub, order a white wine and blog from the bar. Well, all heads turned. After awhile, a local came over and asked us where we were from, what we were doing and how had we gotten to Briag Pub? He was quite curious. He told us that it was not often that anyone sat in the bar and worked on their computers. Everyone stared at us. We were an oddity in small town Australia.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteFrom now on I'll try to post a comment on your blog. I did send you a message on your email account. Let's see if this works...
Hi Mar,
ReplyDeleteCatching up with you after a few days of Grandkids. I could picture you in the bar - funny. Also, loved seeing the parrots - so vivid. Sounds as though you're still having fun! Skied for the past 2 days but on the lower mountain with the kids. Windy here!