CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, January 3, 2011

Vilcabamba, Ecuador

They still ride horses in downtown Vilcabamba!

The roads are being repaired, but the way of life for the Ecuadorians will hopefully not change.

Longevity... this old lady was trucking!

Met this old man on the way into town. When I asked if I could take a photo, he tipped his hat.

Vilcabamba is a gardener's paradise.

Walking 5K to watch football at the restaurant/hotel at the edge of the dirt road. My gosh, they have the NFL package! "Fabuloso" says Roberto!

It's peaceful and beautiful along the road into town.

There's a small monastery on the way into town.

Nuns outside the monastery.

Old barn and sugarcane field on the way into town.

Young boys riding bareback on the dirt road into V.        

1 comment:

  1. You show the rural atmosphere well, Mar. This is the Wild West, Ecuador style! That Roberto can find a football game wherever he is in the World!

    ReplyDelete