CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Road Biking and Mountain Biking... Rotorua, NZ












Yesterday and today were biking days. We left the sulfur smell of Rotorua for the distinct odor of dairy cows, cattle and sheep!

Art is an avid bicyclist and owns several bikes. Luckily, we are all about the same size, so it was terrific and easy to put the bikes on his car, drive a few km out of town and get some exercise. It felt wonderful to bike up and down on the hills on quiet farmland roads. Other than a few cars, we saw only bicyclists, cows and sheep.

Today, Bob went golfing, so Art, Julie and I went mountain biking. We rode right from his house about 3-4 km out of town and biked in the forest on a few of the great bike trails. It's single track riding and they are all rated like ski runs. We had a fun time zipping around nice banked corners, pumping hard up hill and totally enjoying the scenery.

Last night, after a nice pizza and salad, we went to the spa and soaked in different pools. It's outdoors. You start off in the warm one and work your way up to the really hot one. It took all of our aches away.

Although I'm not keen on McDonald's, they have saved me when it comes to the internet. The day before yesterday, I about gave up on the blog. Every time I'd just about get the pictures uploaded, the connection would quit. I was at the information center. Today, I decided to walk down from Art's house to the Golden Arches and yes!, It's working and actually quickly.

4 comments:

  1. Pics are amazing - am so glad you are enjoying such wonderful opportunities !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mar, Was excited to see your pics! Love that "Hope" bike shirt and the bathing beauty shot! Looks as though Julie was pumping to get up that hill. Have fun! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for the "high speed" of the golden arches...NZ is such a beautiful place! So glad we get to see some great photos of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I am glad that the shirt is famous now! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete