CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Best Things In Life Are Free

  The Best Things In Life Are Free. 
Happiness. 
Fate. 
Listening to the radio. 
Smiles. 
The sound of silence. 
Monarch butterflies. 
Sunsets and sunrises. 
Freedom to roam. 
Cloudwatching. 
Hiking. 
Free-speech. 
Friendly conversations with strangers. 
Sun-producing vitamin D3. 
Serendipity. 

         But the best thing in life that is free is friendship 
                               friendship of family
                       friendship of old and new friends
         and the friendship of strangers you meet along the way.

          Happy Valentine's Day Friends!

Please watch a 3 minute video of Bob and I enjoying a gift from our New Zealand friends Julie and Pete. I apologize for some of the text being hard to read. It's my first iMovie! Turn the volume up so Willie Nelson can serenade you during our journey.

P.S. We depart next week so this will be my last blog from New Zealand. Stay tuned for blogs from Mexico and Uruguay!

4 comments:

  1. Great video and isn't great riding a convertible with the top down!! Your biking trip photos were fantastic and that is something I would very much like to do (someday)..Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mar & Bob - Don't be liking that RED MG too much! What a great gift and a beautiful day to enjoy it. That was fitting music for you, too! Safe trip home (I guess you won't be driving the MG...) Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, Mar. Music and photos are wonderful! What a way to celebrate the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day - I loved the video !!!
    When you get a chance to look at my pics from Madrid, you'll find the same fern-topped coppa coffee - great minds !
    Thinking of you in Punta del Este now and wishing so much I were there ! Beth

    ReplyDelete