CastawayKuopus…a travel blog

CastawayKuopus…a travel blog
I could not, at my age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life is meant to be lived! Curiosity must be kept alive. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Golfing Day and Museum Day, Punta Del Estes, Uruguay

Hi Blog Readers,
This past Monday I joined Bob on a beautiful day for a golfing adventure. We spent the afternoon at Club Del Lago, about 10 minutes from our condo. Set in the pine trees, it's a nice hilly course with long greens. I caddied and played photographer for the 4 hours. We had the course to ourselves! It's a great deal for Bob; Monday through Fridays, he can play for $30US. Since it's the off-season for tourists, there are never any people on the course.


The Clubhouse at Golf Del Lago


Be sure to follow all the rules!

For Bob, hole # 1was 382 yardas 

Moving right along to find his ball.

One of the few houses on the course: see the old-syle thatched roof (in need of repair). 

Looking good!



When you're driving in on the road, watch out for those burros!


A different style house on the golf course. 

Onward to Hoyo # 4

The caddy takes a break.

A modern-looking house on the course. 

I see these beauties on the beach too. 

Nice and straight down the fairway. As I always tell Bob when he leaves the house to golf;
"Hit em' long and straight and not too often honey-bunny!"
Here he is following directions!

Oppsie! Those darn sandboxes sometimes get in the way. 



This little sad-looking lost puppy grabbed Bob's ball on the putting green and ran off with it!
When we got to the green, he dropped it and came over for a pat on the head. I gave him some water
and we hoped that he'd soon find his mother or someone who could adopt him.



Museo Ralli
Yesterday was a rainy/cloudy Wednesday. We've been to the Ralli Museum before and knew that it has temporary exhibitions as well as its permanent art exhibits. We thought we'd see what was new and enjoy the old. We especially like the sculpture gardens. Most of the sculptures are by Mexican artists. They remind us of the beauty of the Navaho and Native American art we've seen in the Southwest. 

The entrance to Museo Ralli in Punta Del Estes, Uruguay.
Was the first organization in the world to establish museums with shared objectives in different countries.
Ralli Museums, a private institution featuring the world's most complete Collection of Contemporary Latin-
American Art by Living Artists.
The other 3 Ralli Museums are located in Santiago, Chile, Marbella, Spain and Caesarea, Israel.
They all offer feee admission. Photography and filming are allowed.
And a few from the U.S. too.

Bicyclist with a turtle on her head.


The turtle seems happy for the ride.


A lovely display of large sculptures in the outdoor garden.

Bob enjoying some of the artwork and the tile-lined stairwell to the upstairs.


The traveling exhibit on the walls showcased some of  Alexander Calder's work.



Love this one!

These sculptures in a different outdoor garden were done by another Mexican artist.


She appears to be moving.
Adios for now,
Maria y Roberto

2 comments:

  1. The outdoor sculpture gardens were fabulous! (I like the biking turtle lady best!) Can't believe nobody else was golfing. The course looks like it has lots of trees (and other good places to lose balls!). Snow due her tonight and tomorrow. Spring break for Grands starts tomorrow. Stay well and keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have Rog read your blog when he returns from his golf vacation In OR. I'll get him to sign on for next year. I can go to language school!!

    ReplyDelete