We're on the Big Island of Hawaii now, but I still have a few blogs to post about some of our activities on the Garden Island of Kauai.
Sometimes I went along with him for a walk on the course and to take photos. Or, during his golfing adventures I explored nearby parks or walked beautiful beaches. There was always someplace for me to have my own adventure. This blog highlights Bob's golfing. His smile tells you everything!
The photos are a mix of ones that I took when I went along as his "caddy" or some that he took with his iPhone.
Bob's Golfing Blog
from Kauai, Hawaii
Sometimes I went along with him for a walk on the course and to take photos. Or, during his golfing adventures I explored nearby parks or walked beautiful beaches. There was always someplace for me to have my own adventure. This blog highlights Bob's golfing. His smile tells you everything!
The Golfer's Prayer
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Load my life to keep
Though I know you'll eventually take my soul
Please let me prepare at the 19th hole!
Over the two and a half months we spent on Kauai, Bob golfed all 8 public golf courses. He managed to golf the fabulous Prince Course in Princeville twice before it closed down Jan.1st. It was purchased by a Thai/Chinese group and will become a private course when it reopens. This was his favorite course of all! The setting is cliffside with awesome ocean views.
Kauai Lagoons Golf Club at the Marriott was another favorite. The ocean views were spectacular! The lagoons, mountains and ocean setting are something to behold. He played with a vacationing father/son duo from Nebraska.
Bob liked The Makai Golf Club in Princeville. The setting was magnificent. He enjoyed his round with a local.
Poipu Bay Golf Resort at the Hyatt was a tough course because of the windy conditions, but he had a fun round with two likable guys.
He bought a 7 day package at the Wailua Municipal Golf Club in Kapaa. The setting of the first 9 is coconut trees along the beach/ocean and the back nine is hilly and treed. It's not as fancy as the resort courses, but it was walkable and gave Bob a good workout. Locals are called kamaaina's. When you are a kamaaina and aged 70, you would pay $40 a month to play at this club! Nice deal.
He really liked playing Puakea Golf Course in Lihue. It's built amid volcanic cliffs and lush tropical undergrowth. He thought it was great fun as the course rides up, down and around deep ravines. He also bought a 7 day play package there.
The 9 hole Kukuiolono Golf Course was a fun one as well. This historic course had great hilltop views and was set in an old park with Hawaiian artifacts. It also housed a Japanese Garden. The clubhouse was super vintage and so were the prices. $9 a round!
![]() |
| Hmmm… thinking that they are talking to me! |
His only day of playing in the rain was at the Kiahuna Golf Club in Poipu. Many ancient remnants of an authentic Hawaiian village are preserved and located in and around the course.
![]() |
| That's Bob! I took the photo through the golf cart window. |
Hope that you enjoy Bob's golfing experiences. He met and golfed with many many nice people. When you travel and golf as a single, you get the opportunity to play golf with people from all over the world as well as locals. I met every group that Bob golfed with over the 2 1/2 months.








First of all, we miss you guys! Love that you 2 are living the dream....an inspiration to us all! And really Love the Eleanor Roosevelt quote! Need to use that in my scrapbooking..... Pictures are beautiful. Glad you guys are having a great time. Cannot wait to hear more about your Hawaii experience. See you guys after we get back from down under. Cheers to our wonderful friends. (clink-clink) ~hugs
ReplyDeleteBob could write a golf guide…courses around the world. You could be the famous photographer, Mary. We love reading your blog!
ReplyDelete