Lakes Entrance, Bass Striaght, Victoria, Australia...
Yesterday we took a day trip to this area by the ocean. We stopped at Jimmy's Lookout and had a look at Gippsland Lakes (built 100 years ago. Was freshwater but salt eventually took it over. You can drive your boat from Sale, Victoria (near where we are staying in Briagolong) to Lakes Entrance (to the ocean).
We had a lunch of fresh caught fish and chips. Kendra, Bob and I had grilled flathead. Then we walked over the bridge to the ocean beach, walked the beach a bit and had an ice cream cone. The lifeguards were hunkered down in the sand, keeping the swimmers safe.
Hi Mar, Catching up with you on New Year's Day. I've read 3 books the past 3 days and we've gone to 2 movies - thank goodness we return to Breck tomorrow so we'll get some exercise! I laughed at your pic of the Lifeguards - they look pretty comfy there in the sand!
ReplyDelete